Elphin Community College is located in the northern part of Co. Roscommon. It came into being in 1998. Prior to that, Elphin was served by Elphin Post-Primary Centre which operated on a system of common enrolment between the Bishop Hodson Grammar School, founded in 1869 and Elphin Vocational School opened in 1942. The system of common enrolment began in the early 1970. In 1998 the Board of Governors of the Bishop Hodson Grammar School withdrew from 2nd level education in Elphin and Co. Roscommon Vocational Education Committee (VEC) assumed responsibility for second level education in the town.
|Address||Elphin, Co. Roscommon|