Funding is available for Community Education programmes through either the ALCES budget or the BTEI budget. If you wish to arrange courses in your centre/for your group, why not make an appointment for the CEF to come out to talk to your group and she will help you decide on the best course of action for your group.
What is Community Education?
- Community Education is an opportunity for learning and development as part of your local community.
- It aims to build the confidence and self-esteem of participants for their future.
- It ensures that education is available to people at a time that suits in their own communities.
- The delivery and content of the course is tailored to meet the needs of the community.
- It is an enjoyable and social way of learning- it allows participants to gain skills and qualifications and to meet new people and have fun!
The Community Education Programme provides the following services:
- Direct provision of courses- Assist groups in the planning and organising of courses, including providing tutors, planning sessions and funding courses.
- Working in conjunction with the CDPs to provide longer-term training for people throughout the county.
- In May each year, the ETB administers a Community Education Grants Scheme- community groups make applications for funding for Community Education programmes in their area.
What kinds of projects
We do not have an exhaustive list of courses that we fund. Instead we want to talk to you about what your group has identified as their most pressing need and we will work with you to address that need. We facilitate delivery of courses in Community Centres and schools throughout the county.
Some of the recent projects we have funded include:
Sensory Gardens- Basic and Intermediate Computers- Internet, Email and Skype phones – Community Art– Stress Management – Food and nutrition – Parenting – Community Development ––Personal Development – Digital Photography- Leaving Certificate- Liberal Arts- Healthcare Support- Childcare- First Aid for Volunteers- Woodcraft- DIY- Horticulture- Landscape Gardening- Clothes Design (upcycling your old clothes)- Money Management- Genealogy-
Who do we work with?
We work with Community groups, voluntary groups, lone parents groups, disability groups, active retirement groups, parents groups, Family Resource Centres, women’s groups, men’s groups, CDPs etc.
If you are interested in developing education and training programmes suited to the learning needs of your group please contact:
Community Education Facilitator,
Cavan and Monaghan ETBAdministration Offices
MonaghanTel : 047 71914
Community Education FacilitatorCavan Adult Education Services
Unit 12, Church View Square
Co.CavanTel: 049 4353965